Monday, August 20

"Pierrot" by Brazilian singer Marina Lima



I wanna share this music. This is Marina Lima one of our greatest singers who is also interested in philosophy, poetry and is one of these persons you feel that has a wonderful universe. She was born in US and first learned English.

As she came to Brazil in her childhood she speaks Portuguese with no accent whatsoever. I've translated, adapting is more accurate, this lyrics so that you can have an idea of what she's saying. The Portuguese version you can find here but I know you will not understand a single word, perhaps not even Brazil because we write it with "S".

The good new is that you can listen to her beautiful voice as an instrument and not connect it with words. The video is very beautiful. Hope you like it. There it goes the adaptation (sorry Marina, I'll try to improve.):


Pierrot
Marina Lima

Yes, I decided to absent myself
To conceal my pain
I've run away, lied
Perhaps for modesty.

Many things have happened
And I have stop to think better
I came back to tell you the much I felt
For not kissing you.

And life goes on, this to-and-fro
All waves of love
Spins, whirls
Just like a Pierrot.

One day all fall apart
It's impossible to deny.
I came back to tell you that here in my Brazil
Another flower doesn't exist.

In Brazil: each town is an island, without trap, trace, without track
And the fear to guide us
So: welcome to my land made by men on war
And others eager to love

And it's been like this, since the world is world
Men fearing passion
It hurts, it kills
Just like a dragoon.

Defy it causes so much fear
But running away is worse:
I came back to tell you that on this war
There is no winner.

In Brazil: each town is a harbor, said a poet to a chick
That didn't want to risk
Come, welcome to my land, made by men in war
And others eager to love.

First published at justAna.