Saturday, January 2

Bill Withers - "Grandma's hands" for my grandma and the Madres/Abuelas of the Plaza de Mayo

Today morning when I woke up I thought about this song that makes me think of my grandma. Today is her birthday and this is the day I celebrate and remember of her because I erased from my memory the day she died. I didn't went to her funeral because I have decided at a very early age that I would never see her dead. I believe that when we die the body means nothing and our existence becomes something different.
I believe in God but I don't follow any religion. I don't know why and I don't want to think too much about it.
So this song is dedicated to my grandma and for the "madres"/mothers, today "abuelas" grandmas, of the Plaza de Mayo.
Like my grandma they did fight and are fighting for their children...
"The Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, is a unique organization of Argentine women who have become human rights activists in order to achieve a common goal. For over three decades, the Mothers have fought for the right to re-unite with their abducted children.

In protests, they wear white head scarves with their children's names embroidered, to symbolize the blankets of the lost children. The name of the organization comes from the Plaza de Mayo in central Buenos Aires, where the bereaved mothers and grandmothers first gathered. They gather every Thursday afternoon for a half hour walk around the plaza."

I'm sure they will meet my grandma before me. May they be at peace.